Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: friggin poweron password  (Read 2058 times)

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

friggin poweron password
    « on: October 30, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »
    its a  compaq presario r4000 laptop, running win XP (at least it was) and now I cant even get in the computer.  When I power it on, right after the compaq logo it asks me for a power on password, which is incorrect when I leave it blank and incorrect when I put in what it was last night.

Do any of you know how to disable this?

Salmon Trout

Re: friggin poweron password
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 05:43:12 PM »
    Take the laptop to an authorised dealer, supply proof of ownership, pay the fee, get the password reset. You have been around here long enough to know the forum policy, surely?
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:17:24 AM by Salmon Trout »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 08:58:27 PM »
    He get's paid for our advice...

Keep the economy going i say...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »
      salmon:  I know the policies and stuff, but I must say, you guys seem to be getting a little touchy about things.  I know how to fix it, but I just cant get the plastic strip off even though Ive loosened the required screws.

Patio:  Why do you keep bringing up the fact that I use your advice for my business?  After all, didnt you know that if you give advise it can be used for personal and commercial means?  Man, you guys are touchy. :)

What I want to know is what else besides the screws can keep the plastic strip from budging, Im sure you know what plastic strip Im refering to.