Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer shuts down and beeps...  (Read 2768 times)

Dacove

Topic Starter

Starter

Computer shuts down and beeps...
    « on: October 31, 2009, 03:38:12 AM »
    Well I been trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer for a while now. The problem is, while gaming of any sort... my computer will shut down after 30 minutes to maybe 2 hours and beep until I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to boot back up properly, otherwise it will not start back up, and only occurs while gaming. The only time this occurs is when I am playing a game. Otherwise it will run perfectly fine for hours on end. What is currently so confusing to me about this is that it will do this even running a simple game on say Facebook or Myspace, but.. I can watch DVDs on it without any problem, or stream video from Hulu for hours. But something simple as Geo Challenge on Facebook will cause it to crash after 30 mins to 2 hours, does same thing with all games, including World of Warcraft. I have ran up to date scans with anti malware programs and they have all came back completely clean. I also hadn't done any hardware/software/driver updates of any kind. Besides for maybe a Java/Window update around the time it started. That would be it though, and don't see how that could cause a problem like this. Thanks in advance for any help/advice on this situation and for your time.

Random thought, wondering if the problem could actually be the mouse/keyboard ports. Maybe a short or something that could be causing the problem. Since obviously I would be using the mouse and keyboard more often while gaming as compared to watching something. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 04:07:24 AM by Dacove »

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Computer shuts down and beeps...
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:14:22 AM »
    Could be system or video card overheating.