Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need Heat Sink Mount  (Read 2294 times)

ComradeGort

Need Heat Sink Mount
« on: June 17, 2005, 02:14:21 PM »
I have been working on a computer for a while and through a large amount of coincidences I now have no way to secure my heatsinks to the motherboard. I've been searching all over the internet for a heat sink mount/adapter. I'm not sure what the actual name is for these parts, but all i need is those little black things that are screwed into the motherboard. They are the things that you would attach those metal straps to in order to hold a heatsink onto the cpu. they usually need two screws and they form a box like shape around the cpu.

I can't seem to find a place where i could purchase such an obscure part. But i really don't feel i should have to buy a whole new heatsink. My motherboard is a K8T Master2 Far. It's a server computer with dual opteron processors. Socket 940.

I did see the part i was looking for on e-bay, but it was for a pentium processor however and i don't know if it would fit. I think the screw placement is different. If anyone can provide me with a site or a link to a sale of this item it would be greatly appreciated.

merlin_2

Re: Need Heat Sink Mount
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 02:26:43 PM »
What about  a change of direction something like this>>>http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/components/modificationandcoolingkit/productView.htm?quicklinx=3LWG&mc=5  <depending on where  you live....walmart.....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 02:27:12 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

Re: Need Heat Sink Mount
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 06:30:54 AM »
If the heatsink is compatible with your Socket, you should be able to simple connect it by following the instructions provided with.