Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dvd Burner Calibration Error  (Read 4013 times)

S.C. King

Topic Starter

Beginner

Dvd Burner Calibration Error
    « on: November 01, 2009, 09:18:34 PM »
    Everytime i Try TO Burn A Move Around the 50% Mark It Ejects My Disk & Says System Has Had A Calibration Error...

Is There Anything I Can Do???

Vikram Varaprasad

Intermediate
      Re: Dvd Burner Calibration Error
      « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 10:30:36 PM »
      Their could be several possible reasons and solutions for the above error, basically what is happening is for some reason the CD/DVD burning software is unable to determine the Optimum Power Calibration rate (a small pre-burn test to determine optimal laser power for writing), resulting a disk burn failure. There is no easy way to pinpoint the exact reason, so try all the possible fixes from top to bottom (easy to hard) and see what works:

* Try using different brands of quality blank media, most common reason forsuch     error's is cheap blank media.

* Try burning at lower speeds (Highly effective).

* Disable IMAPI Service (Work's in most cases):
               1. Launch Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services .
               2. Browse for "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service", Right-click on it and select properties.
               3. Chnage Startup Type to Disabled.

4. Click Apply and Reboot.

* Try updating or changing your CD\DVD burning software to the latest version.
          * Try upgrading your writer's firmware.

* If all the above fails the problem is definitely related to hardware and not software, Go ahead and get your burner laser lens cleaned by a professional.

* If all the above fails the drive's laser might have died and you need to get it replaced.

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]
      Vikram...