Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mediia card reader  (Read 3506 times)

tazpaige

Topic Starter

mediia card reader
    « on: November 02, 2009, 06:37:06 AM »

thanks for any help.

dell vostro 200, xp home version 2002, service pk 3, intel core 2 duo e4600 @ 2.4 ghz, 2 gb of ram, 250 gb drive, media card reader, cd burner, dvd burner.

avg link scanner, microsoft security essentials, comodo firewall

i installed a new drive, had lots of trouble with the drivers.  thought i had copy/saved them but i did something wrong and so i had to go online (dell) looking for them.  all is well except the media reader. i think i found the trouble...rocha chipset driver(it may be spelled..rocoh)  i did not find this driver on the dell site with the other drivers. however, once i did find the chipset driver i have been unable to download it.  my hotmail account said it found something with it and never allowed me to download to my computer.  on other sites i just couldn't get it to download. 
    i think that this is the same driver....R5C832vV223AOO... as rocha(rocoh) chipset

thanks, i hope i can be helped with this.

tazpaige

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: mediia card reader
    « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 06:43:04 AM »
    What does hotmail have to do with downloading a driver? And you are correct that you need to install the chipset driver.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 06:59:05 AM »
    Dell's are finicky about drivers....they should be from the Dell site whenever possible...
    Travel back to Dell...enter the Service Tag# from the machine ...and they will all be listed.

Really Dell makes it pretty simple.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

tazpaige

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »
      thanks, allan and patio,

i don't know why hotmail will not allow me to download the driver from my email.

as to the dell driver site i am still looking for the driver on their site.

tazpaige