Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No POST, no video, no bios  (Read 2017 times)

specko

No POST, no video, no bios
« on: November 02, 2009, 10:32:18 AM »
Hello everyone,

I've recently put together a HTPC and haven't been able the bios to boot.

When I turn the machine on, everything spins up, keyboard flashes (and responds to CTRL-ALT-Del) but nothing appears on the monitor.

Steps I Took:
1. Removed all but RAM, CPU, keyboard, Video = Fans spinning, CD Spins, no video, no beep codes
2. Removed all but CPU and Keyboard (No RAM) 1 Long beep, 2 short (good!)
3. Reset BIOS with jumper reset and removing BIOS battery
4. Tested with a couple different video cards, ram configurations and PSU's - all the same result

What I did find was if I installed basics, RAM, video, keyboard, cpu and hit ALT-F2 after turning on, the EZ-Flash would start up, load the new ROM from the CD Rom and restart properly. After the reboot though, nothing shows up again.

This tells me that obviously the video card, keyboard, IDE interface are all working - but still I can't get to the BIOS or have any clue as to whats going wrong.

Can anyone help me? I'm leaning towards a blown CPU, BUT I thought I would get a POST beep code indicating that.

The parts I've tried:

Mobo: A8V
RAM: 2x 1GB PC3200, 2x 512MB PC3200
Video: Nvidia 6900 gs agp, ATI HD 3650 agp, Radeon 7500 agp, ATI (Something) PCI
PSU: EarthWatts 580w, Thermaltake 680

Thanks!
Tim

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: No POST, no video, no bios
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »
...I'm leaning towards a blown CPU, BUT I thought I would get a POST beep code indicating that...
You're leaning the wrong way.  If it was a "blown" cpu, nothing at all would happen.  Defective motherboard?  Send it back.