Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't change desktop picture  (Read 5622 times)

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Can't change desktop picture
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 12:54:17 AM »
go to start menu, click settings then control panel, appearance theme then click the change the desktop background, you will see all pictures stored on your hard drive, browse it.

I guess you did not read the post.

Hello,
Now let me try. Your title says you cannot change the desktop picture. It in your post you indicate that you can change pictures. This leads to some misunderstanding.
What you meant to say was that you have not been able to edit large pictures with him MS Paint. The built in pictures used as backgrounds in Windows should not be altered.

In general terms, desktop backgrounds are made from photographs saved in the day he JPG format.  The size of about 600 x 800 should be suitable.

One way to collect new background photos is by visiting sites on the Internet that feature photos that are suitable as backgrounds. In Google you can search for images and when you find one you can make it full size and then with your mouse to a right click and you should sign something that says save as background or save it as wallpaper.

This file might be stored in a different location than where you would expect it to be. For example, in Firefox it is stored in a separate area, yet Firefox tells the system to look for the background in that area. So later, when you go to change your background from the standard list, you will not see  the background that you saved in Firefox. Instead, you have to browse over to the specific folder that was used  by Firefox to save your background image.

You should not have any trouble editing the new pictures in MS Paint.  You should limit yourself to either the JPG, BMP or GIF file types. PNG may also be used, but the files size may be larger than needed. As you found, MS Paint may not work right with other format types.

Do not use Regedit. It is not a image editor.

Abut paint do this, open paint=>archives=>use as background picture then I get error that I need to save first.

Abut regedit if you open regedit go the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper and you can Change the background picture

Ok so lets summarize
I can't browse a other picture
I can't Change in regedit
I can't boot in safe mode and change
I can't use a 3 program to change the background
I have change the name and the extension on the files
The files are not corrupted
The picture is not corrupted
And I'm not trying to change a picture

I know I forget something but I am sure you gays will say it.

Edit:
Now I remember
I can change to the regular Windows Picture
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein