Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Data Execution Prevent prevents Userinit Logon Application  (Read 3138 times)

Nate7410

Data Execution Prevent prevents Userinit Logon Application
« on: November 09, 2009, 01:45:01 PM »
So today I began to suspect I had some serious viruses/spyware on my computer. Whatever it was, it wasn't allowing me to run any virus scans. So I restarted my computer in safe mode and was able to run a complete scan with SuperAntiSpyware. After removing about 50 things, it asked me to reboot my computer.

Upon rebooting the computer, I received a message that Data Execution Prevention had prevented the Userinit Logon Application, and after I closed that message, I was faced with just a black screen. I wasn't able to find any way to load Windows Explorer or anything else.

I have tried rebooting in both Safe Mode and in Directory Services Restore mode but in both cases, I'm told that windows failed to start.

With my other computer I downloaded PC Regedit and burnt it to a CD, and booted my computer from that disc. I was able to check the registry entry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit\C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe, and it appeared to be present and valid.

I don't know what else to do... I've reached the limit of my own knowledge. Please, can someone suggest a fix for this other than reformatting my computer?