Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Power Supply, CPU, or Motherboard?  (Read 2476 times)

electricguru

Power Supply, CPU, or Motherboard?
« on: June 18, 2005, 12:48:08 PM »
I can turn on the main power supply switch, then press the main computer switch in the front and cpu, raid chip fan and lights come on for about 1 second then go back off. Oddly enough though, I can turn the main power supply switch on and then back off, then press the main computer power switch and it does the same thing. It almost seems as though I have some compacitors charging temporarily enabling this to happen, even though I have a real problem somewhere. Also, I have an ATX motherboard, brand name Abit KT7A raid motherboard and have heard that they recalled them about a year ago because of faulty capacitors around the cpu area, though there is no visible damage that I can see. I am hoping that it is a power supply issue before I start physically taking each capacitor out of the circuit to check it. I do have alot of power outtages in this area. If anyone has had the same problem, or another suggestion, I would appreciate any input. I believe it is a power supply,CPU, or motherboard [email protected]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 01:15:38 PM by electricguru »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Power Supply, CPU, or Motherboard?
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 01:39:58 PM »
    electricguru........ "Abit KT7A raid "  Abit have discontinued this board .    Did your issue start after a power outage just prior to the problem starting ......or was it happening before ?
    Have you been overclocking this board ?
    Have you tried a new power supply ?

Let us know,

dl65 ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

electricguru

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 01:47:11 PM »
    test

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 01:50:04 PM »
      test

LOL .......that works just fine ........how about some answers ?

dl65 ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.