Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: W7 and adapter-troubles  (Read 2206 times)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    W7 and adapter-troubles
    « on: November 10, 2009, 10:24:43 AM »
    Have installed W7 on a partition to test it, a real one, no RTM. till hanging on XP for the time being. Device managerXP shows me the D-Link DWL-G510 adapter and the 1394 and Nvidia adapters that I have diabled. W7 only shows the NVidia and no D-Link adapter. I installed the D-Link driver via the D-Link CD, ut nope, nothing shows. Do I have to take 'm out, restart and than put 'm in again or?? And if I do, has that consequences for XP? When in W7 I can see the light of the com-card so it seems to work, but no flickering and no recognition in the Device Manager...what now....?

Specs: AMD Athlon 64, 2.02Ghz, 3200+, 3Gb RAM, XP+SP3 and all the other gadgets of Uncle Bily..., AVG free, XP Firewall,
    (W7= W7 Ultimate raw and pure...lol...have plans to use freeware only...)

Was not sure where exactly to put my question...my apologies

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: W7 and adapter-troubles
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 02:55:18 PM »
    You need to get the Windows 7 connected to the internet.
    There are thousands of updates and drivers you can only get from  the internet. Get a connection however you can. Most common NIC cards work in Windows 7. But wireless is another thing. Unless you have the driver CD.

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:00:56 PM »
    You have to make sure that the device actually has a driver for that OS.  Not all devices have drivers for Windows 7.
    Evil is an exact science.

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 11:42:06 PM »
      right, the company had just announced they had a beta driver for W7, have downloaded it, but not yet tried out...will report back