Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer Beeps and Freezes  (Read 5257 times)

Daniel Tan

My computer Beeps and Freezes
« on: April 10, 2004, 10:58:36 PM »
Hi I am running Windows Xp Pro Sp1 and very recently started getting beeps from deep inside the computer.  It seemes it all started when I installed this program called WebZip 6 .  It would beep then a few seconds later Windows would freeze, not even the mouse cursor or anything would work.

the program that seem to excite this the most is Winzip8 every time I press "extract" the beeping starts and the com hangs. It also occurs other times but at a random basis, even when the computer is idle.

I have scanned many times but there is no virus.
I installed Windows XP pro again on another drive and as soon as I used Winzip the beeps came back!!

Any help is really appreciated.

merlin

Re: My computer Beeps and Freezes
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 02:26:16 PM »
how many beeps could it be ram graphics card?

Daniel Tan

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 09:26:01 PM »
Checked the fan on my graphics card, seems to be running ok. Ram I don't know how to check. Initially It beeps about once a minute, now just one beep and the thing freezes. But only in Windows.

merlin

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 12:50:56 AM »

Daniel Tan

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 03:07:56 AM »
Found that the beeping was from the hard drive. called seagate and they said it was a mechanical fault didn't know those things could beep... Thanks anyway for your help

merlin

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 12:05:22 PM »
to test your h/d there is this >http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools  and also this >http://www.drivehealth.com/