Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista User Accounts Info  (Read 2761 times)

tystyk252

Topic Starter

Starter

Windows Vista User Accounts Info
    « on: November 12, 2009, 07:56:02 AM »
    I recently bought a used Sony PCL-384L laptop. OI am hoping now it isnt stolen.... Opps!! Anyway, after system boots it goes to the windows login screen asking for password. Problem is, I have no clue as to what it is and cant contact seller. I know, it was/is a  crazy deal on my end. I took it apart but could not locate a cmos battery, did i not look hard enough? What is the best, cheapest way to make the computer useable? I dont have any previous Vista info nor CDs. I have tried burning a few bootable CDs on a XP machine for help but they wont boot the system from the CD. Lost here......... Help please.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows Vista User Accounts Info
    « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 08:05:14 AM »
    You need to wipe it and re-install the OS of your choice as should be done with any used machine...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

tystyk252

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 08:52:52 AM »
      well, I tried that as well. I put my XP pro cd in, which is a clean but old install and the Vista machine says it doesnt reconize any hard dive installed. Machine has like 200 gig hard drive. The XP cd starts setuip and seems to be doing fine then comes to a screen saying it doesnt reconize any hard drive/disc installed.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 09:47:05 AM »
      You'll need to download the sata drivers for your hd.

tystyk252

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 10:34:20 PM »
        Sorry, but you could you tell me wht sata driversw are and how to delete them. Vista box will boot but only the vista home login page. I am somewhat literate with 98/xp but not with VISTA. Any help is very much appriciated. Somone said Active@ Boot disk would help if I CAN GET IT TO BOOT FROM cd OR flash drive.

Thanks for you4 words but plz do elborate on them as much as possible or give some link. I was hoping there may be a few more people ti help. Thanks for you help so far.

Tystyk252