Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Frame height problem  (Read 3618 times)

sanjula

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Frame height problem
    « on: October 27, 2009, 01:43:06 AM »
    Hey all,

I've got a frame on my site, which is a simple box, made for a poll. Once the user has voted, it loads a new page with the results in the frame. A lot of people told me I shouldn't use frames because they're bad, but atm I don't care, it's good like that, and I want to use it !

The only problem is the height. I can set the height so it's not too small or too big, but the problem is that the height is not relative. That means if I remove "height: xxxpx;" from the CSS stylesheet, it automatically sets the frame at 50 px or so but that's too small, so the scrollbars appear and you have to scroll in the frame. And that's weird. Any idea how I could change that ? Do you see what I mean ? Cause I will change the question of the poll quite often and then I would have to change the height in the stylesheet everytime, that's crap

Thanks in advance,

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Frame height problem
    « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »
    Is this an iframe or a frame?
    Link to the site? Or code?
    Is this IE?

Bannana97

Intermediate
    • Owner of HerbertsWorld Corporation
      « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 06:45:55 AM »
      Try adding this tag to it:

Code: [Select]
      height="100px"
      Thanks
      Bannana97

alence

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 09:31:11 PM »
        well i can see the problem. is a standart type error.
        if you look here you have a > in the first line, before </iframe> you have >. <iframe id="booking" runat="server" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="100%"> height="500" allowTransparency="true" src="www.booking.com" ></iframe>
        to make make it work the code work it should look like this <iframe id="booking" runat="server" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="500" allowTransparency="true" src="www.booking.com" ></iframe>

hope it will help.