Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I get a more up to date computer program?  (Read 4855 times)

deankelly

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: How do I get a more up to date computer program?
    « Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 05:11:40 PM »
    hi sorry I posted the report from that program you sent me for you to see the info you asked me but you didn't reply.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 05:18:16 PM »
    I don't see the data. Where did you post it? And I'll be logging off for the evening but there are others here who will be more than happy to help.

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 05:05:56 AM »
    Is there a My Computer icon on the desktop? If so, double-click on it. That will bring you to a screen that describes your computer. That's the easiest way - there are also programs I can have you download and install that will give you much more data.

I am not sure about Allan's computer but double clicking on the "My Computer" icon doesn't display info about my computer. It just shows my hard drive, network drives, and other items hooked to my comp.

To get the info that Allan is requesting try right clicking on the "My Computer" icon and then click on "Properties" This should bring up a screen that will list  some of your computer details.
    You can't fix Stupid!!!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 05:17:27 AM »
    Sorry - you are correct. I'm on a Windows 7 system at the moment and forgot XP and prior versions don't work this way.