Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Error: System Reboots After Selecting "Start Windows Normally"  (Read 3959 times)

Clint1337Wood

Hello, I appear to have a problem. I am on a Dell Inspiron 530, running good old Windows 7. You see, earlier today (Sunday/November/15/09) I have been experiencing some very odd activity with my computer. I went to check,  via task manager if any processes were screwing around with my computer, and well I was right. Some trojans, spamming some junk via IE, so I did what I normally did, and ended the processes and deleted the executables from their directories. (If you're asking me why don't I have any anti virus, I do, I have AVG Internet Securitey, which doesn't work for some odd reason, I uninstalled it). Then some crazy stuff started to happen. My screen went black for a couple of seconds, then I have somethings saying that some programs have stopped working, and crashed, and some I got fatal errors from. Then everything went back to normal, and things continued on like they usually do until....BSOD, and a restart. At that point, I have figured it was probably one of those trojans, but I doubt those nasty trojans could have the audacity of giving me a BSOD.

Video Demo:

NOW TO THE REAL POINT:

Every single time I turn my PC on, the following happens:

1. Dell logo, F2 for setup, F12 for boot, typical stuff.

2. Diskette drive 0 seek failure (That's something I probably did while I was screwing around with the BIOS, I tried setting things to the defaults, but is there anyway I could fix that, it's starting to get really irritating having to press F1 all the time to continue and all the other stuff (will explain in steps 3 and 4))

3. Windows boot manager comes up asking me which OS I would like to run, an earlier version of my OS or Windows Vista (this annoys the <censored> out of me, for two reasons, 1. I don't have an earlier version of an OS, so why does it keep asking me that? Is there any way to get rid of it? Oh and 2. It's irritating having to press not F1, but enter just to get to the Windows logo to wait for the logon screen. I mean, if I'm not there to press enter, I'm going to have to wait an extra 30 seconds for boot.

4. Black screen.... just another wait and pray game, praying that it won't reboot again. And not to my suprise, it reboots again.

5. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

6. This time, it's different. I get another thing, which is either: "Start Up Repair" or "Start Windows Normaly", Start Windows Normaly results in step 4 hapening.

7. If I do happen to choose Start Up repair, it shows the Windows logo thingy, only to show that it does an excessivly long, useless scan, only to tell you that "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically. I choose not to send, because the odds of Microsoft actually helping me is more questionable than Bill Clintons integrity.

8. I later get prompted what language of keyboard I'm using, and my user password. I enter both of them, and I get this nice menu consisting of:

i) Startup Repair (already failed
ii) System Restore (you know I feel stupid having to waste large quantities of restore points taking huge chunks of my tiny 250GB hard disk. But I find even stupider finding out that it probably wasn`t a good idea to disable system restore.
iii) System image recovery (no clue what that does)
iv) Windows Memory Diagnostic (see iii)
v) The Command Prompt (no clue how to use it)

And no matter what, I always end up at number 4, in distress, confusion, anger, and dismay. Can you folks please help me out? I recently purchased Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and I really want to continue playing.   :'(

Oh and another question.

Since you guys are such experts, in your opinion, what is the best Anti Virus software out there (free or not, it doesn't matter)?

Thanks, and save the whales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rwhVEujf2U

:::!!!MORE INFO!!!!:::

I recently managed to get it so it doesn't auto restart when it crashes. I got a BSOD, and i got this error code under Technical Information:

Stop: 0x0000007E (0XC0000005, 0X81507D3, 0X8BE23608, 0X8BE231E0)

Hope the helps you guys!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 06:27:25 PM by Clint1337Wood »

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Windows 7 Error: System Reboots After Selecting "Start Windows Normally"
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »
You are running windows 7 so I assume that it must be a fairly new install.
Did you purchase the win7 disk or the computer within the past month? If the computer is new then it should still be under warranty. If so, I would take it back.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/