Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Viewing 2003 Office Files on Vista  (Read 3510 times)

ahomer

Viewing 2003 Office Files on Vista
« on: November 23, 2009, 01:51:06 PM »
I have used Office 2003 on an XP version and was always able to see a list of all my document/excel etc files by selecting Open on the File menu. I am now using the same Office 2003 on a Vista and I cannot find how to see a list of all the documents I am working on. They seem to stay in Recent Documents for a few days then disappear and I can't find them again. Help please.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Viewing 2003 Office Files on Vista
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 02:24:37 PM »
It's an Office feature, not an OS feature: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100759841033.aspx

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Viewing 2003 Office Files on Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 08:24:39 AM »
I have used Office 2003 on an XP version and was always able to see a list of all my document/excel etc files by selecting Open on the File menu. I am now using the same Office 2003 on a Vista and I cannot find how to see a list of all the documents I am working on. They seem to stay in Recent Documents for a few days then disappear and I can't find them again. Help please.
First, "Recent Documents" is not a title on any part of the menu structure for Office 2003, as far as I know.  If you're asserting that it is, please state exactly where "Recent Documents" is seen.

Office 2007, on the other hand, does use "Recent Documents" in its menu.

Regarding the selecting of files by selecting Open on the File menu, that shows ALL files in whatever directory/folder you go to when you use the Open panel, not just the most recently used files.  If the default folder is not where some of your files are located, then just navigate, via the Open panel, to the folder containing the file(s).