Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: gameboomers DL  (Read 3485 times)

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

gameboomers DL
    « on: November 23, 2009, 09:12:52 PM »
      i downloaded a game called "once upon a time"  from the gameboomers site as a zip
    file containing the game and a PDF manual.   there was no desktop icon, so i have no idea how to get to the game to play it.   there was a button to click that said "new game" which i clicked on and the download started again.    i cancelled it.    now what??

Gremlin

Beginner

Re: gameboomers DL
      « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 07:46:15 PM »
      It sounds like you unziped the file, did you unzip the file, if so where did you unzip it to. That is where your icon will be.
      Did you run a setup. If you can give a bit more info that would be good.

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 08:29:44 PM »
        i have no clue about "zipped" files.   i don't know whether i unzipped it or not.   i doubt it.
        i clicked on a button that said "download this game"   it also said it was a zip file with the game and a PDF manual.   (i don't know what THAT is either).   so, anyway,   the machine went  through the download process for the 77 MB (?) game.   when it finished, i went looking for the game and it was nowhere.   i checked the add/remove in the control panel,, and it wasn't there, either.   i've sort of decided that THAT particular game site is just too complicated for me to enjoy.   so....thank you for your interest in my problem, but  i will just leave gameboomers alone

Gremlin

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 08:57:10 PM »
          It's not all that complex and you would benefit from knowing about ziped content. Look in your download folder of do a windows search for the file. You then need to unzip the file. Try right clicking on it and look for an option to extract files or similiar. Make sure you specify the destination. The game will extract and you may then have to run the setup or it will run from its folder.
          If you dont have an unziper, you should it's built into XP, you can download one, winzip or winrar are ok.
          Go on give it a go! :P

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
            Whoa !!!   got it !!!    thank you so much. !!!!