Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Easiest way of changing text on site  (Read 2839 times)

sanjula

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Easiest way of changing text on site
    « on: October 27, 2009, 10:39:14 PM »
    I want to make a simple website, one page (text only) has to be able to be changed in a quick and easy way. Maybe something with a login name and a really simple editor. How can I do this? thanks in advance

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Easiest way of changing text on site
    « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 08:09:29 AM »
    How were planning on hosting the website?  Have you decided on a hosting service?  Most hosting services have some type of html editor that works inside your web browser.  You just logon, edit the page, save it, and log off.

alence

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 09:40:29 PM »
      hi
      You could try using FTP. There are a lot of text editors that have the ability to upload directly to FTP. Also, your operating system may support 'mounting' FTP or WebDAV on your local system as a directory, which would make it as easy as editing a file on your PC. SCP or Rsync on Unix systems is also a good option. What kind of OS do you have, or what exactly do you want?

If you decide to go the route of an simple 'online edit' type script with a web interface, I would make sure to implement some security checks. Especially if this thing will be editing a file on your server's filesystem, or storing the text into a SQL database. Be careful with XSS (wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_scripting) and other things too.

Google

Mentor

• Certifications: List
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 08:31:50 AM »
        Maybe a blog from blogger.com would be the easiest way to go for you?