Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no chime on windows startup, files won't drag and drop  (Read 3414 times)

cynsational1

no chime on windows startup, files won't drag and drop
« on: December 02, 2009, 01:36:49 PM »
Hi! NEW here. I tried searching for my problem and looked at 30 pages of posts before I put up a new topic.... didn't find anything. I apologize if this is a repeat post.

I have a Compaq Presario... only a few years old - bought refurbished.  Running Windows XP.  I don't know any other info. than that. 

I had a really bad virus (s?) which did a bunch of bad things to my computer. I bought Fix-It 8 and that seemed to get rid of everything and helped alot. My problems remaining are these...

1) Windows does not chime at startup. Don't know if this is a big deal or not...

2) I cannot drag/drop files anymore. When I click on them and drag them onto a folder or try to drag files into the trash - it looks as if it's moving but when I let go it just stays in the same spot.

3) Getting SVCHOST errors and Compaq connections errors quite frequently.  I have Windows autoupdates off - and when I tried to update manually - it said I do not have "user priveledges" even though I am logged on as the adminstrator.

Well - that's it (for now?) Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks! :-)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: no chime on windows startup, files won't drag and drop
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:15:52 PM »
Sounds to me like you are still infected...
Clik Here...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "