Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Folder & File Permisions  (Read 2137 times)

This_Is_That_Guy

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Folder & File Permisions
    « on: November 29, 2009, 02:23:13 AM »
    I was stupidly adjusting the permission settings on one of my harddrives and can't seem to put it back to the way it was. Now everytime i want to access any files on it I get stopped at the folder and told that i don't have permission to access that folder, then I have to change the ownership of that folder. this seems to work but there's still some files that I'm getting denied access to. What I want to know is can I somehow reset or turn off the setting so that all files and folders will go back the way they were and will not need me to change ownership of each and every folder. I tried everything i can but nothing seems to work. please help as i have a lot of folders & files, some of which are quite important.

Update :o
    Just thought that I would add this little update. I've solved the above problem. wasn't that major/hard and now I feel pretty silly making this post :-[ However it was because of the above that I found this forum and will look forward to sticking with it. Is a good idea and looks like a great forum. 8)
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:29:24 PM by This_Is_That_Guy »

nathan_s

Greenhorn

Re: Folder & File Permisions
      « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 03:52:23 AM »
      You might as well tell us how the problem got solved) I was going to offer a System Recovery if you have already tried to play with permisions settings logged in as administrator

This_Is_That_Guy

Topic Starter

Rookie
        Re: Folder & File Permisions
        « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 01:45:22 PM »
        Yea I tried System Restore straight away. It didn't change the file permission though.
        I'm pretty sure all I had to do was to change permission to allow the user group "Everyone" to have full access.