Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 backup - Norton - Acronis  (Read 5018 times)

zf490

Windows 7 backup - Norton - Acronis
« on: November 29, 2009, 05:19:18 AM »
Hello. I use Windows 7. And I need to make a backup copy of it.
 I know that there are programs such as Norton Ghost 15 - Acronis .... etc.. To do so.
My question is in the Windows 7 there is the possibility of making a backup copy of the system:
1--  Is there a difference between the Windows 7 (making a backup copy) and those programs (Norton - Acronis)
2-- What is the best

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Windows 7 backup - Norton - Acronis
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 05:22:48 AM »
There is a difference between a backup and an image. The two utilities you named create disk images - essentially a "snap shot" of the entire hd (or partition, whichever you choose). If you want to restore that image at some point, the entire system (or partition) will be as it was when you created the image. The internal tools create backups of certain files. Disk imaging also allows you to restore only certain files if you like. Personally, I wouldn't run a system without Acronis True Image and I've always said I think EVERYONE should use a disk imaging utility on a regular basis.

zf490

Re: Windows 7 backup - Norton - Acronis
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 06:04:50 AM »
dir  allan 
 I understand from your reply. That Windows 7 takes a backup copy of the file or files.
Image attachment with my reply . Explain this feature for Windows. It says that backup. Contains the system. Programs
I think that Norton and Acronis have the same possibility of Windows 7 in the establishment of the backup
Am I wrong. Or not. Please router (my English is not good. Sorry)

Note: the latest version of Acronis postcard beaches feature. Acronis transfer program files( acronis backup ) to Windows backup  and vice versa

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:21:27 PM by zf490 »