Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sharing calendars in MS Outlook  (Read 3379 times)

LouisJr

Topic Starter

Starter

Sharing calendars in MS Outlook
    « on: November 23, 2009, 09:20:57 AM »
    My wife and I both use XP SP-2 with Outlook 2000.  We use the share feature in Outlook 2000 to display each others calendar on our own computers.  If we upgrade to Windows 7 and/or Outlook 2010, what do we do?  I understand there has been no share feature since Outlook 2000, which is why we have not upgraded before now.  Heaven forbid we should have to converse verbally with each other!

If this is a well worn topic please direct me - I did not find it.

LouisJr

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Sharing calendars in MS Outlook
      « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »
      I have received no responses.  Is this question too trivial, too hard, or is it me?

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 07:22:17 PM »
      We use the share feature in Outlook 2000 to display each others calendar on our own computers.
      I was not aware that Outlook 2000 had that feature.  With later versions of Office, I believe Outlook must be used along with Microsoft Exchange in order to share calendars.  See Introduction to calendar sharing for info.  That reference explains two options for sharing a calender if you are not on an Exchange server.

LouisJr

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 07:34:57 PM »
        Thanks! I will follow up on these references.  It looks like I will have to learn something about Microsoft Exchange.