Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ALSA in Mandriva 2009.1 doesn't always load correctly at Boot up.  (Read 2274 times)

moshebagelfresser

Sometimes I have to boot up the computer a second time to get sound from anything. On checking ALSA by:

# alsamixer -c 0

I see that when sound is not working the Alsamixer is showing incomplete only one of the sound controls appears instead of seeing the Master and all the regular other sound adjusters. Also ALSA is choosing the USB Webcamera instead of the Sound card.

After rebooting the sound is as normal! The Alsamixer shows as it should with Master Sound and all the sound level adjusters in place.

Is there a way of making Mandriva 2009.1 load the default the sound card each time on boot up avoiding reboots?

Pulse sound is disabled so as to allow Skype to work properly with
# LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype.

ALSA lib conf.c:(3952snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters CARD=CMI8738,DEV=0
ALSA lib pcm.c:(2202snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front:CARD=CMI8738,DEV=0

I have included part of what shows to show where the sound card is installed.

# [root@localhost ~]# lsmod | grep sound
sound core 8256 1 snd
# [root@localhost ~]# lsmod | grep audio
snd_usb_audio 85376 0
snd_usb_lib 16644 1 snd_usb_audio
snd_hwdep 7656 4 snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec,wavefront,snd_opl3_lib
snd_pcm 84616 8 snd_usb_audio,snd_cmipci,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_cs4236,snd_wss_lib,snd_pcm_o
ss
snd 63812 23 snd_usb_audio,snd_cmipci,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_cs4236,snd_mpu401,snd_wavefront,snd_wss_lib ,sndopl3_lib,snd_hwdep,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device,snd_pcm_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_ mixer_oss
usbcore 188432 7 snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_lib,gspca_zc3xx,gspca_main,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
# [root@localhost ~]#