Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System optimizer recomendation  (Read 2663 times)

Nicolaj.v

System optimizer recomendation
« on: December 02, 2009, 07:09:04 AM »
Hi, I'm not 100% sure if it's supposed to be in this topic but i didn't find anything better(
Resently I've found a lot of system optimization products over the internet and a I need a opinion or a review which one to choose as they seem worthy.
Can someone advice me of a best affordable system optimizer to buy or may be a website with some review or relevant information, that would really be appreciated.
Thank you, Nicolaj

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: System optimizer recomendation
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »
What, exactly, do these system optimization products say they will do for your computer?  I would avoid them unless you care to list some here and get recommendations from forum members on a specific product.  Some of these products can do more harm than good. 

You can keep your system optimized with free tools, some of which you already have on your Windows system such as Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter.  And, there are some good freeware tools such as CCleaner, which I highly recommend.  Many technically-savvy computer users use a disk defragmenter other than one that comes with Windows, such as Auslogics Disk Defrag or Smart Defrag from IObit or the recently released Defraggler, from the same people that make CCleaner.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:01:45 AM by soybean »

nathan_s

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 03:58:43 AM »
    Such software usually is not as necessary as advertises say, in most cases everything can be done manually with a little time and dedication.
    But still, if you are looking for some info or reviews - just google it up, you'll get the basic idea. I remember one website I've looked through just for info: optimizer review

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 06:10:02 AM »
    "System Optimizers" are the equivalent of a car dealer trying to sell you undercoat protection. They try to get money from people who don't know any better. For the most part they are not only worthless, but sometimes even potentially damaging.

This_Is_That_Guy

Rookie
      « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 01:55:09 PM »
      Many technically-savvy computer users use a disk defragmenter other than one that comes with Windows, such as Auslogics Disk Defrag or Smart Defrag from IObit or the recently released Defraggler, from the same people that make CCleaner.

Was just wondering are these Defragmenters much better/more reliable than the built in one that Windows offers? And if so, in what way?

ThomasTheXPUser

Hopeful

• Remember me? :-)
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • ThomasTheXPUser
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 03:03:14 PM »
      I like CCleaner for temp files/uninstallation (DO NOT USE THE REGISTRY FEATURE IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING) and Defragger for defragging

BSOD image source : ToastyTech IE is evil page
      Can't sleep! Clowns will eat me!
      There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary code and those who do not.