Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP MEE!  (Read 8308 times)

Alex sudmack

HELP MEE!
« on: June 08, 2004, 06:44:47 PM »
well i need to use DOS to execute a command required to resert the root password on mySQL database. But that is located in a file which has spaces in its name. I cant rename the file with no spaces cause that would mess up the server. And i cant type it in with the spaces because then it just gets the first word and says not an internal command or exteral command. so what do i do to supplement spaces and it will still see at is a directory not just one word. :::G:\Abyss Web Server\database\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt::: thats the locatoin

2k Dummy

Re: HELP MEE!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 08:34:34 PM »
Type a ? in the place where the space appears. Sometimes a space is not really a space, it just looks like one. An old DOS trick to keep the uninitiated from accessing a directory was to use alt+256 in the file or directory name. The ? wild card means any character that appears in that position.

MalikTous

Re: HELP MEE!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 01:40:04 PM »
Enclose the complete path spec in "quotes". this makes DOS 7 look for the name in the extended file attributes (SULFNBK.EXE) directories instead of choking on non-8.3 filenames.