Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: screen frezzes at post test  (Read 2411 times)

rrnbcas

screen frezzes at post test
« on: June 22, 2005, 05:22:07 AM »
 when I turned on my win98 and at the post screen
it freezes up. the only thing it shows is the star energy logo and the meghrtz of 350 that my computer has.
it does nothing not even the detection of my devices that it normally does. I tried to boot into the safe mode
but I can't because the startup is not going anywhere at all. nothing but the black screen with the logos.
It can't even shut down at all so I had to disconnect by unplugging it. when I turned it on again I get nothing on my monitor just complete black with the light indicator always turning from green to orange.
I went into setup(took serval times) and load the default settings. still the same problem.
I am thinking if it is the motherboard, because I installed a new video card and power supply.
Please help...
P.S. computer is 7yrs old :o

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: screen frezzes at post test
    « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 07:57:48 AM »
    Pull it apart, re-seat your video card & double check all your connections.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 11:07:36 AM »
    does it beep on start up.....

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 06:18:26 PM »
    If it does give a beep code, how many beeps does it sound out and what is the name of the BIOS manufacturer that appears on the monitor display during the POST?

Also, does it display the memory check count up at all?  If not, one of the RAM sticks may have come lose or may need to be replaced.

Doc
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 06:20:04 PM by pcdoc4christ »