Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: desktop won't start at all  (Read 2193 times)

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    desktop won't start at all
    « on: December 08, 2009, 04:58:34 PM »
    Hi,

I was wondering if i can get some assistance from you with my desktop computer. I have just finished building up my desktop from scratch for the first time. When i pushed the power button, nothing happen. I did not hear the power supply running nor did i see any LED lights on on the front panel.  I have checked all my connectors on the motherboard. I am sure it's plugged with power cord at the back of it. Wonder if anyone would be kind to give me some guidance here as to what really causes it not to run at all.

Thank you in advance

EEVIAC

Re: desktop won't start at all
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 01:50:38 AM »
    You may have not connected the on/off switch to the board correctly.. Be sure it is connected to the correct set of pins on the mboard.   And be sure the hard switch on back of the psu is in the "on" position..

I have just finished building up my desktop from scratch for the first time.

If you already tried plugging into another outlet I would say the PSU or motherboard is bad, assuming you got the cabling connected right

Could you post some info. on what you put together:

1. PSU Make, model, & wattage, Motherboard  Make/model, CPU make/model, graphics card, drives, HDD...  list everything...

Is everything new?  Or is some stuff new and some stuff old?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:09:55 AM by EEVIAC »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: desktop won't start at all
    « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 06:39:30 AM »
    Thermal paste applied properly ? ?

MBoard standoffs all in place ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "