Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help desperately, Windows XP will not reboot after attempted system restore  (Read 2747 times)

chrstphr31

Topic Starter

I hope someone can help me with the issue I'm experiencing with my Dell Dimension E510 desktop.

Unfortunately, I decided to update some software on my computer and it didn't go well. Software didn't work properly after update. So I thought, no problem, I'll just restore my system and everything should go back to normaI.

I then performed a system restore using Dell PC Tuneup software.

Dell PC Tuneup exited the main Windows screen and entered a blue maintenance window for Windows XP (looks like a light blue screen with dark blue header and footer, white Windows XP logo in the right top corner)

Screen reads:

"Dell PC Tuneup Registry Maintenance

Dell PC Tuneup Registry Compactor initializing...

Registry Compression complete

The system will reboot to reflect changes"

At this point, NOTHING happens... system will not reboot, just continues to display that same message. I tried turning computer off, but screen just comes back when Windows loads up again. I've tried accessing the system in Safe Mode, still this blue screen message just won't go away.

I appreciate any help or suggestions on how to get this issue resolved. I'm dreading the thought of not getting access to all my files on this PC. Thanks.

tomshope

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      Try this>>>

Restart your computer.
      3.Step 2
      Once you see it restarting hit the F8 key.

4.Step 3
      Windows diagnostic screen pops up

5.Step 4
      Use the arrow keys on the keyboard

6.Step 5
      Select “LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION”

7.Step 6
      Select the current Operating System
      *Hit enter

chrstphr31

Topic Starter

Attempted, but no success.

Once windows starts loading, that same blue screen displays and does nothing.

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        Borrow an XP CD of the same version you have and do a repair install.