Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on startup  (Read 2870 times)

fred506

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on startup
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:21:15 AM »
I have had no troubles with my Cyberpower XPLORER X64-PRO notebook (heres a link to the specs: http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/hig...onfigurator_top ) until today when I went to start it up I received a BSOD with the following info:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0A050029, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804E7808)

I know this type of error could be hardware related (RAM) or the CPU overheating. I have not had any serious problems since I bought the notebook in April and I wasn't doing anything the day before that could cause this error ( ie. adding hardware, changing settings, etc.). The error occurs when I boot up regularly and in safe mode. I tried using last known good config. but that didn't work either.

I will get as far as the Windows logo and then it changes to the BSOD.

How can I fix this since I really don't want to have to open the case or send it back to the company.

Thanks

merlin_2

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on startup
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 11:15:47 AM »
To try to work around this issue: If Easy CD Creator is still installed, uninstall it, or uninstall only the DirectCD component

fred506

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 02:43:25 PM »
Easy CD Creator was never installed.  Even if it was I would be unable to get anywhere to uninstall it since my computer will not get passed the loading of Windows XP screen.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 02:49:01 PM »
ok fred  have a look here>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165863&sd=RMVP

the website given throws up a HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 02:49:41 PM by merlin_2 »

fred506

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 03:02:30 PM »
Here's the link again:
http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/highendsystem/ntbkx648000.asp?v=d#configurator_top

I have Windows XP Pro/ SP2

The microsoft link was for Windows 2000.  I clicked on the one for Windows XP and I will see it it helps.

Thanks

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 03:08:53 PM »
i would send it back......warrenty........can see if it had that specs.why it has an  ac97 sound card?

something to read>http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/2274/?o=80
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 03:23:54 PM by merlin_2 »

fred506

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 05:21:40 PM »
Thanks for the link but everyone else with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error seems to just have it randomly sometimes depending on what they are doing sometimes not.  The difference is my laptop won't even get passed the windows loading screen.

I have tried safe mode, last known good config., and even tried to boot off the XP cd but I still end up with the same error. I pretty much can't do anything except acess my BIOS and I tried disabling ang messing around with the settings there but it seems to have had no effect.

I removed everything connected to the laptop (mouse, printer, etc.) but I don't really want to have to open the case if I don't absolutely have to.

Thanks for your help so far.

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 05:34:07 PM »
Before i desert you fred...when it boots up......tap the underside of it to inject life into the hard drive...maybe it needs a full charge on the adapter......thats what i do with tosh.lap...(..tap it...on boot up.. suggestion)....lazy drive.....
Meanwhile back to the castle....in cornwall.....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 05:36:41 PM by merlin_2 »