Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer no longer boots  (Read 1925 times)

Marteh

Computer no longer boots
« on: December 13, 2009, 05:03:33 AM »
I'll try and explain what happened.
11 pm last night I decided to try dual booting, so I made 2 partitions on my hd (I shrunk the 7 one) and then installed XP on the new one. When this happened upon boot up I got a message saying "Operating System not found". So I figured in splitting it some data was lost.
Today about 11am I decided to delete everything and just install XP, the process seemed to work (least the formatting to NTFS and installing the files did). But when it wen't to load it got stuck on the "Press any key to boot from cd screen" and if a cd wasnt in it would have a blank screen with the underscore blinking.
I tried formatting again in case something went wrong, and still the same. I then removed the CMOS battery, put it back in, redid all my settings and tried loading..Now it wont even let me boot from cd...:/

Can anyone help, even if you can tell me if something needs replacing it would be nice.

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Computer no longer boots
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 05:52:06 AM »
You said that you removed the cmos battery, that's mean  the setting will back as default.
Check back the boot order and make sure boot from cd rom drive as the 1st priority.

something like this
http://www.poy.net/proxy/bios2.jpg