Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Word default text too small.  (Read 10891 times)

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • The wonders of modern technology.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Word default text too small.
    « on: December 16, 2009, 03:46:28 AM »
    Hello and thank you for looking at my thread.

I have the default text size in microsoft word 2002 edition, set too small. ???
    I know I can change it when I start each page, but there is also somewhere in the settings, ( that I can't find ) where you can set the default  text size, to whatever you wish. I just cant find that page!!!  :o
    Can someone point me to the right section please?

Thank you ImnoGuru.
    It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

Salmon Trout

Re: Word default text too small.
    « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:16:10 AM »
    1. Open a blank document
    2. Open the "Font" dialog
    3. Select the font type, style and size you want to be the default.
    4. Click the "Default..." button in the bottom left corner of the dialog.
    5. Click the "Yes" button in the dialog that now appears.

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
      « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 08:45:56 PM »
      Thank you Salmon Trout for your reply.
      I knew it was in there somewhere. Ive done it before. For some reason I just could not find that one.
      I have this word or office version on this machine and I haven't used it a great deal since I changed to Office blue 2007. :-X

The other thing that annoys me on this office set up is the drop down boxes have the recently used features but all the others are hidden behind a double arrow at the bottom. Can I change that too so that I get all the features in the drop down screen? :D

Thank you ImnoGuru. ;D
      « Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:52:55 PM by ImnoGuru »
      It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

oldun

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:42:20 PM »
      If you are talking about the Menu options, select Tools, then Customize, and place a tick in the checkbox next to "Always show full menus".

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      « Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 09:18:21 AM »
      I changed to Office blue 2007
      Oh, you're using a free, hacked version of Office 2007.  Not something to be proud of.  If you want a legitimate free office suite, get OpenOffice.org.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 09:41:21 AM »
      Oh, you're using a free, hacked version of Office 2007.  Not something to be proud of.

If you disapprove, why post a link to a page which talks approvingly of the "product", and actually includes a torrent link?

soybean

Genius
      « Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 09:52:26 AM »
      I didn't perceive the article as giving it a stamp of approval but, rather, as just being informative.  Here's another article, Office Genuine Advantage Notifications (OGA KB949810) v2.0.48.0 Released To More Markets,
      which says,
      "For users who are installing Microsoft Office 2007 productivity suite with Office 2007 Blue Edition or other illegal and pirated Office downloads, which make use of volume licensing product key (VLK) to activate (or bypass activation requirement of) Office 2007, beware of KB949810 Office Genuine Advantage Notifications update, which will inactivate Office applications
      and display the nagging “not genuine” notification messages."

Salmon Trout

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 10:09:12 AM »
      But it advises how to get the software via Bit Torrent and Pirate Bay. (Did you read it all the way down?) Anyhow it's good to know that, not only will pirates definitely go to *censored* when they die, their illegal MS Office downloads will deactivate first.

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
        « Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 07:02:50 PM »
        Thank you for your response oldun, I have been lacking in my perception of what I had ticked in there. I had, show full menu after short delay and when I read through the check box in that menu I haven't read it properly.  :||x
        Thinking it was saying, show full menu.  Truely I am just not thinking at the moment. I find I am frustrated by my own haste.  (Must be the time of year I am making silly mistakes of late.)

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
          « Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 07:59:52 PM »
          soybean, generally I have great respect for you and your input, however today I am dismayed at your response.
          At what point in my thread do I indicate, that, and makes you allege, that I have a pirated copy of office blue? And then to cast a judgement and disparage me!

Oh, you're using a free, hacked version of Office 2007. 

Not something to be proud of. 

I find your allegations unfounded and slanderous.

Please take more care in your assertions in your posts in the future.
          Your just lucky I'm not the solicitorious type.  ;)

ImnoGuru.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 08:43:22 PM »
          well it's unlikely you- or really, any regular person- has a legal copy of "office blue". Wether you purposely torrented it or something is another story altogether and I find it unlikely that you'd do that. However, the Blue edition is only legally usable by Microsoft employees and corporations with huge multi-million dollar contracts with MS for their software, maybe your part of one.

Nobody can have "office blue" installed at home legally. this is a fact. Basically, your stating that you have Office blue is quite enough to back up Soybeans claims.

That being said I personally don't care myself what version of Office your using or were using or what version your using now . It's not like the original question regarding office XP should illicit a question like "is this copy of office XP legit". I mean, a large percentage of people using pirated software aren't even aware of it.
          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
            « Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »
            Soybean, I have an apology it seems to make to you, I had no idea that this was truely a pirated copy of office.
            As such I take back my comments and will try to get my foot unstuck from my mouth.

I'M SORRY SOYBEAN. :-[

I put this Office Blue on my computer in good faith thinking it was indeed a legal MS product. I take back all that I said relating to that and once again hold your comments with the highest respect.
            In fact I thank you for making me aware of the true situation.
            I had no idea.  :-[  :'(
            I've been duped. :(  >:(

That having been said, it makes this next question hard to ask.

Can someone tell me then how to go back to my original copy of Office please? So that I can get this one removed.
            (Oh crap, now I have to dig out all my old programs CD's)
            I can't have this sort of thing on my computer/s in my line of work. It is to me totally unacceptable. I could lose my agency if I were audited.

Thank you too BC_Programmer, having read the articles I was directed to explained as you said,

stating that you have Office blue is quite enough to back up Soybeans claims.

a large percentage of people using pirated software aren't even aware of it.

My original question was indeed about a Legal copy of Office, and those that assisted me in locating areas to fix my poor blind eyes, I thank you.

I remain one truely embarrassed ImnoGuru

soybean

Genius
            « Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 08:01:17 PM »
            Well, I hope you can find you Office 2002/XP discs. Once you've done that, just uninstall Office Blue 2007 and install Office 2002.  If you want to upgrade to a newer version of Office, you could buy an Upgrade version of Office 2007; you can see some pricing on newegg, here. Of course, an upgrade version will not install unless it can verify the existence of a qualifying previous version. An upgrade version saves money because it costs less than a full version.

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
              « Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 05:37:26 PM »
              Thanks soybean, you are very forgiving.  O:)
              After reading my comments, I can imagine you sitting there at your computer and just having a wry smile of satisfaction, thinking to yourself... " But I know more about this subject than you do ".   :rofl:
              That's why I'm no Guru.  :||x

Maybe when I possess such knowledge, I will become A New Guru. I have a long apprenticeship ahead of me then.

My Cd's are all tucked away in a box somewhere, a bit of searching should find them all. Lucky its a slow period of work this time of year, so I'll be able to dedicate lots of time to digging them out over the Christmas break and uninstalling the office blue copy.

Does a restore get me back to before I added office Blue? Hmm will restore go back that far? I've had it on the computer for a few months now.

I found this on newegg which is licenced for 3 machines. Can someone please tell me how this might compare to Office Blue?
              One thing in the reviews I could not find, was whether the Newegg product converts documents to PDF's? I have been using that feature a lot recently. Quite handy it is.

soybean

Genius
              « Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 05:48:57 PM »
              Re: Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007:

Licensed for 3 PCs: not for use in any commercial, nonprofit, or revenue-generating business activities,or by any government organization.