Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why wont it start?  (Read 2460 times)

Billy Swanson

Why wont it start?
« on: June 23, 2005, 04:22:50 PM »
Ok, so i built my own computer, 200 GB HD. 512 memory pc2700, amd athlon xp 3000+, 350W power supply, a ecs n2u400 motherboard and a cd-rom and a nvida  graphics card. well anyways, when i finally hooked it all up, it wouldnt turn on, nothing, not even a jolt. so i checked the power switch, make it was working, and i it was, and just to be sure i put all the front panel wires on a diffrent computer that i had and it started the computer up. so i did the same thing with the power supply. and it started the other comp up too, so now i have no idea what could be going wrong, if anyone knows or if anyone could help thank you alot. recap, basic prob, wont start up, not the power supply or front panel switches

merlin_2

Re: Why wont it start?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »
check the psu wiring.. to mobo......see the mobo manual.<readme file>...and make sure the screws .....that the mobo is atached to the case has those nylon washers on?unplug it from the mains....and try again.......recheck your work......haste can cause many problems.....take your time!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 04:28:13 PM by merlin_2 »

Cary_GRant

Re: Why wont it start?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 04:48:23 AM »
Take out ALL the ram sticks, then place ONE stick in the center BLUE slot (you have 2 blue and 1 black slots right?). Try to see if it posts now. Also, you need to upgrade that mobo's bios from the windows and NOT dos.