Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microphone.. Windows 7  (Read 2867 times)

ashley0910

Topic Starter

Microphone.. Windows 7
    « on: December 18, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »
     I have the Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965.  I'm trying to figure out whether or not it has a built in microphone.  I recently upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista so I have no idea if I had one that worked as some point or not.  I am able to start a call with people on Windows Live but all they hear is static.  It shows that I have some sort of microphone but it's not detecting my voice at all.  The volume on the microphone is turned all the way up.  I'm so confused! Should I just get a regular mic and plug it in?  ???   

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Microphone.. Windows 7
    « Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:50:40 PM »
    No.
    How do you know the volume of the microphone is turned up?
    Somewhere in your stuff, inside of Windows 7, there is a voice recorder. Bring up the voice recorder and tried to make a few recordings. If you can't get the voice recorder to work, then you've got something plugged in wrong or something turned off somewhere. Most of laptop and notebook computers now have a built-in microphone somewhere. Look in your user's guide.

ashley0910

Topic Starter

Re: Microphone.. Windows 7
      « Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:05:52 PM »
      I tried the voice recorder and all I hear is static.  When I go to Sound and click on Recording, two mics show up but they say the same thing.  They say Microphone - High Definition Audio Device.  When I switch the other one to the default it will not let me open voice recorder or speech recognition.  So I keep the one it lets me use enabled but all I hear is static.