Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No loading with driver  (Read 4265 times)

jboudreaux

Topic Starter

Starter

No loading with driver
    « on: December 19, 2009, 03:43:51 PM »
    My computer will not finish loading unless display driver is completely uninstalled. My graphics card is a 7600gt. i can load in safe mode or if i click enable vga, otherwise i get a black or blue screen. With the nvidia driver removed my computer will then load normally. On a side note running safe mode with net and the driver installed i treid to update it and when it did my screen went haywire and stayed that way until i reloaded in safe mode again and deleted the driver.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: No loading with driver
    « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 03:54:59 PM »
    Your post is a little confusing to me. What led up to this (what is different between the last time the system worked properly and the first time it did not)? Please post all details as clearly as possible.

jboudreaux

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 04:22:19 PM »
      As of this morning when i started my cpu it got to the the windows load screen then screen went blank with hourglass in center and nothing happening. After a few attempts with the on/off button i started in safe mode with net to search for help. I found similar problems from other people which pointed to my graphics card or driver.

Some of the sugestions i read : run a memory tester, update driver, or delete driver then reinstall.

I did these things memory is fine. But ding when i did delete the driver the cpu started normally just with a low resolution.

From this point on if i reinstall the driver, old one or attempt a updated one, the cpu wont get past the load screen and just goes blank.

and thanks for the responce, i will try to give the best info i can but i type slow:)

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 04:25:54 PM »
      Well, I doubt the driver had anything to do with it if the system booted properly last night. Drivers don't "go bad". Do you by any chance have a different video card you can try?

jboudreaux

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 04:27:13 PM »
        Forgot to mention:

tried the disk that came with grapics card and screen went haywire as soon as it finished the install and reboot.

also, i used recovery disk that came with computer and completely reload OS but then when i install the nvidia driver i went back to square one. and i dont have another card and this motherboard has no onboard options

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »
        Well it's very difficult to diagnose this from here, but everything you're saying leads me to believe it may be your video card.

jboudreaux

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 04:48:29 PM »
          Im starting to think so myself.

Thanks for the help, and have a great weekend!

Allan

• Mastermind
          « Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 04:50:03 PM »
          You too and good luck. Please post back and let us know?