Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wireless network  (Read 2934 times)

najjar

wireless network
« on: June 23, 2005, 02:05:14 PM »
I have a wireless network in my computer but I can't connect my computer with another computers by this settings any one can help me, my operating system is win XP home edition
Tank you all

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: wireless network
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 02:14:39 PM »
     najjar ...... Could you explain in detail how you are networking these machines?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Cary_GRant

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 05:20:07 AM »
    Are running WEP? Check your IP Address and PPPoE Settings. Be sure the computer you are trying to access the network with has a compatible network card, as SOME 802.11g access points actually lock you into that mode. Be sure you are using the SAME type of security, either WPA or WEP on all machines. And lastly try to to see if any firmware updates are available for your router/wireless cards, I know I had a heck of a time trying (in vain) to setup my home network, when all it came down to was a phone call to D-Link  tech support and they told me right away i need a firmware update :) Cheers!

Redeyes_Gambit

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 10:50:10 AM »
    Do you have all your machines in the same workgroup? To find out on win98se just go to:

start\settings\controll panel\network then the identification tab.

there should be a box that says "workgroup".

For windows XP professional go to start\settings\controll pannel\sysytem properties

and then the "computer name" tab. It should list the workgroup your in. Make sure that all the machines you want to network are in THE SAME workgroup. If you need to change the workgroup in XP then just hit the "change" button on that same screen you were at that shows the workgroup your in.