Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: KVM Switch with Windows 7  (Read 2894 times)

renfro36

Topic Starter

KVM Switch with Windows 7
    « on: December 20, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
    Can not boot an HP quad core with Win 7 while connected to a Linkskey 4 port KVM switch. The same computer worked fine when running Vista.  I now have to boot the HP computer with the V7 22" monitor directly connected.  Once booted, I can then connect monitor and computer back to the KVM switch and it will switch ok between two computers.  I am hoping there is an option in Win 7 that I can change so it will allow Win 7 to boot up through the KVM switch.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: KVM Switch with Windows 7
    « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:26:19 PM »
    Unless you give more details on exactly this system is set up it would be guesswork at best...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

renfro36

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 05:08:44 PM »
      My system is comprised of two HP computers.  One is a dual core running XP and the other is a quad core running win 7.  The KVM switch is a linkskey LKU-SO4ASK.  The single monitor is a 22 inch V7.  I hope this is enough info.  If not, be more specific as to what details of my system you would need.  Thanks

killerb255

Adviser
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »
        How long are your KVM cables?  If they're too long, the signal may attenuate.
        Quote from: talontromper
        Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.