Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Finding a webcam. Spending way to long trying  (Read 3009 times)

Spatiality

Topic Starter

Rookie

Finding a webcam. Spending way to long trying
    « on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:31 PM »
    I have been trying to find a webcam for about 2 weeks now. I don't want to just buy one for it to not be what I need.
    I want it for clear pictures and video.
    Something under 30 dollars.
    It has to have a built in mic so I can just talk with no wires.
    I don't even know what the best resolution I could have for a webcam is so it's been difficult to use search engines.
    Any advice?

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Finding a webcam. Spending way to long trying
    « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 11:57:53 PM »
    You won't find a reputable brand for that much, but there are are lots for under $30 on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010290152%204093&name=%2410%20-%20%2425

Most of the ones in that price range only do 640x480 (which is low for a cam anymore). If you want a good brand and those features, spend $40-60 and get a good Logitech, Creative, or Microsoft cam. They also come with at least a 1 year warranty. You'll find the cheaper cams don't have mics, are low resolution, have little (30 days) or no warranty from the manufacturer, or are just cheap pieces of crap.

Here's a Logitech one with what you're looking for, but it's $41.99 ($34.49 after $7.50 mail-in rebate).
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104316

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »
    Free shipping also in effect now, so you won't find a better time or source to buy that particular model.

neelchauhan

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 07:03:27 AM »
    You won't get a good webcam with a integrated mic but you can get a $20 Webcam and a $10 Mic.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 08:11:29 PM »
    You won't get a good webcam with a integrated mic but you can get a $20 Webcam and a $10 Mic.

Why not? The one I recommended to him is quite good and it has an integrated mic.