Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with attachments in MS Outlook  (Read 2503 times)

mfritch

Problems with attachments in MS Outlook
« on: June 23, 2005, 04:43:18 PM »
I had been having a few small problems with my MS Outlook program.  I thought that clicking on "Reset Defaults" might help.  It didn't help and, in fact, it has caused problems.  I'm running Outlook 2002 and before I was able to attach documents, files and photos and they would show up as icons at the bottom of the page.  I was also able to insert photos into the body of my e-mails.  I can no longer do either of these.  When I insert a file now, it inserts wherever my cursor is located in the body of the text and I no longer even have the option of inserting a photo into the body of the text.  I have searched the help files and looked at every possible menu option and I cannot figure out how to reset my preferences so that I can do these things again.  Is there anyone who can help me out with this?

mfritch

Re: Problems with attachments in MS Outlook
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:21:52 PM »
I didn't find anything there that would help me figure out how to show the attachments at the bottom of the page and more importantly, how to insert photos into the body of my text in the e-mail.  Can anyone tell me where it is in Outlook that I can go to adjust these settings?  After reloading the softward.  The new version comes up with the same way of inserting attachments as did the older version.  I upgraded from Outlook 2000-SR1 to Outlook 2002 and the problems still exist which leads me to believe that it has something to do with the settings.  I have the same version of Outlook on my other station and it allows me to insert photos in the body of the text, but I cannot findout where the settings are different.  HELP!!!!

mfritch

Re: Problems with attachments in MS Outlook
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 09:37:23 PM »
Now here is a good one that adds a twist to the problem.  A friend just sent me a message with a photo attached.  I replied to him and went to attach a photo and all of the commands that I used to use were available to me in the menu and they attached in the locations that they used to attach in my old format.  This would seem to suggest that he has his settings like mine used to be.