Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop power probelm  (Read 2021 times)

isconfused

Laptop power probelm
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:27:51 PM »
I am new to the computer-consumer business, but I'm sure that my new laptop is supposed to turn on... I just bought an ~ASUS g51vx~ as a Christmas present to myself, but it won't turn on. I believe the problem lies with the cord, but there are no visible imperfections. The LED to indicate power to the adaptor is also on, but the computer itself is showing no signs of charging; making me think it's a problem with the plug into the computer. As I said, I just bought it, refurbished, and it has not even had a chance to be corrupted by another force. Please help me. :'(

stlbob

Rookie
    Re: Laptop power probelm
    « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:01:45 PM »
    Does any lights turn on the laptop when you plug it in?  If not then it might be the power adapter or the adapter interface on the laptop itself.   Take to the store you bought and have them test it since it sounds like you just bought it.

Geriden

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 04:15:10 AM »
      Test the charger with a volt meter to double check its working.

If the charger is working fine but there are no LED's indicating charge into your laptop it could be your DC socket.

Is the DC Socket (where the charger plugs into the laptop) wobbely? if its wobbely it'll need to be re-solderd on.

If both the socket and charger are fine, could be a fault with the motherboard.

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 04:21:24 AM »
      Before you open up the laptop I recommend attempting to get a refund/exchange as the laptop is obviously not fit for purpose.  If you open it up you will probably loose your warrenty.