Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: vidoe card help?  (Read 1886 times)

golfgorilla

Topic Starter

vidoe card help?
    « on: December 22, 2009, 02:31:17 PM »
    computer info...
    windows 7 ultimate
    asus m2n32 motherboard sli deluxe
    4 gb ram
    amd dual 2.8 processor
    1tb hd
    just purchased this computer on ebay.
    works great except... won't play high end games with the ATI x700 pro video card it came with.
    I have a geforce 8500GT 512MB and when I install it and then start my computer it goes really slow...
    sometimes I make it to windows and sometimes it freezes before i get there. lags really bad no matter what.
    As soon as i put the x700 card back in it runs like a champ.
    I just ordered a 2nd 8500gt card so I could bridge them together but I don't know what to do to correct 1st board issue. Any suggestions?

Geriden

Rookie
      Re: vidoe card help?
      « Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 04:12:43 AM »
      Ensure you have the correct and latest drivers :)

golfgorilla

Topic Starter

Re: vidoe card help?
        « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:39:52 PM »
        I have the disk for this video card used it with no luck. Downloaded and installed the drivers from PNY specifically for windows 7 64 bit. Still no luck. Also went to Asus and their site suggested some drivers which I downloaded and still no good. No matter what I do with the 8500GT I have a slow boot and slowness of loading windows (real slow) but as soon as I put the X700 card in it works fine. I put a fresh install of windows back in. I have ran the start up repair program and I am stuck. Anything else to try? I could not find anywhere online a compatibility list for this motherboard against this video card but it looks like some people were running this setup fine.