Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: First Site, z-index/positioning help needed!  (Read 4509 times)

rob682e

First Site, z-index/positioning help needed!
« on: December 24, 2009, 05:10:36 PM »
Hello all, I've been searching on 3 different forums now for some help but I'm not getting any replies.  I'm hoping I'm not asking for too much but I would really like to get this fixed tonight as this website was created for my families business and is kind of a Christmas present.

So, the site is www.kceonline.com.

If you notice the "Contact Us" Image on the left and the small slide show on the right, I positioned them absolutely and made them go underneath the main content when the window is resized.  However, this doesn't really work because if the site is viewed on a smaller monitor than what I designed it on (17" and 19" wide) it doesn't look good.

Also, the picture of our cars on the home page doesn't stay within the content.  This also happens on the "Links" page and with the E-mail form on the contact us page.  I messed with z-index stuff a lot but couldn't figure it out.

This site was originally made for a final project for an Intro to Web Development class at college so I have limited knowledge so far.

I really appreciate any help, please let me know if I should post anything else.  I'm pretty sure since you can go right to the site I don't need to post the code but not sure how you guys like it on these forums.

-Rob