Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hello and help !!  (Read 2689 times)

nerofiend

Topic Starter

Hello and help !!
    « on: December 23, 2009, 10:32:16 PM »
    Bad way to start my first post. But im serious need of some help and advise on how to resolve this issue. I have had a Raid 5 array running for about a year and have had no problems with it at all untill recently. My old MB went and died on me and i had to replace it with a new one. I had an ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wi/Fi @n running raid 5 with 3 500gb SATA drives on Windows 7 64 bit. Was running great untill i changed to my new Mobo. Bought an ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution and tried to put my raid 5 array back but ended up with a rather serious issue.

Once i installed windows 7 only 2 of my HDD's were visable and those were listed as a RAW file format. I looked in the disk manager and it said the same thing but did show the 3rd drive. They are all listed as RAW format and Windows of course wants me to format the drives so i can use them again. This is something i am trying my best to avoid since i have a LOT of info on them i do not want to lose.

The raid array at post says that everything is normal and nothing is wrong. But once im in Windows its always the same, RAW file format and not available. It wont let me rebuild, wont let me delete cause that would delete all info on the drives, and that would be bad.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do on this? I really dont want to lose all my data.

EEVIAC

Re: Hello and help !!
    « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 09:59:48 AM »
    Why did you replace the motherboard?  What was the apparent problem you were having that convinced you the motherboard was bad?

nerofiend

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 10:45:17 AM »
      Went to boot up one day and nothing happened. Not sure exactly what went wrong but I couldnt get power to the system at all. Checked the power supply and it was fine. Even tested the power button switch and it was fine as well. Tried jumping the power pins on the mobo and nothing..... I sent it into ASUS and they said something in the boards power system had failed and could have been from a power surge. I doubt it as I have a UPS system and protection, but hey i guess anything is possible.

talontromper

Hopeful
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 11:04:34 PM »
      could the MB be repaired?
      "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide