Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: some kind of trojan?  (Read 3091 times)

freeforall

Topic Starter
  • *Bugmenot user*

• Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    some kind of trojan?
    « on: December 27, 2009, 11:34:26 PM »
    I'm pretty sure I have a trojan of sorts. A whole bunch of my exes randomly corrupted themselves, telnet and notepad keep running everytime I close or run a program (I'm using process explorer, and it shows them as being run by mbamgui which is my anti-malware program). I don't know what it is, but its rather destructive and it's probably sending data back somewhere if it keeps running telnet. Any insights as to what this could be?

freeforall

Topic Starter
    • *Bugmenot user*

• Beginner

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: some kind of trojan?
      « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 11:39:36 PM »
      Sorry to double-post, but I just found 2 other programs that were running themselves called winjpjr.exe and windghno.exe. They were residing in my temp folder, and I just deleted them. Chances are that won't really help, but with any luck that will at least help identify what they are.

EDIT:
      I just went back into the Temp folder, and three new exes spawned. They are all acting the same as the other two I deleted earlier. So I guess whatever this is randomly generates names for the viruses it creates.
      « Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:17:45 AM by freeforall »

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: some kind of trojan?
      « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 05:44:42 AM »
      Follow the instructions in the announcement at the top of this forum.