Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 flashplayer problem  (Read 3325 times)

RMDole19

Topic Starter

Windows 7 flashplayer problem
    « on: December 27, 2009, 07:13:09 PM »
    I have a HP Pavilion dv4. I bought my laptop back in August and it was working like any computer, a few snags here and there but no major problems. I got the free upgrade to windows 7 when I bought it.

I installed windows 7 a couple weeks back and it seemed like it was working fine. Then maybe a day or two later everything that involved the use of a flashplayer made my internet crash. I can still move the arrow around and all but I have to open my task manager and close the internet that way.

The weird thing is that if I restart my computer everything will work just fine. I can go on youtube and other sites no problem. But after about 20 minutes or so it decides to stop working and the little load curser on the video just stops spinning and I get the "not responding" deal.

I've reinstalled adobe flash player and shockwave with the latest versions, I've tried using different web browsers but nothing seems to work.

Not completely sure but I do think it has to do with my flash player.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 7 flashplayer problem
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 07:24:10 PM »
    Which version of Flash?
    Are you using Fire Fox browser? If so, get the latest Fire Fox and install the latest Flash. Also, Fire Fox lets you disable some plug-ins. So you can see if it is the Flash or something else.
    Both Fire Fax and Adobe have made changes in the past few weeks.

RMDole19

Topic Starter

Re: Windows 7 flashplayer problem
      « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 10:37:48 PM »
      I have firefox 3.5 and adobe flash player 10. All of the add ons look like they are enabled. I installed both firefox and adobe flash on 12-17. I don't know what to do!  ???