Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hidden Partition in Hard Drive  (Read 3285 times)

nuzul

Topic Starter

Hidden Partition in Hard Drive
    « on: December 30, 2009, 12:21:58 AM »
    I have Vaio VGN-FE670G, a used laptop bought from my buddy a few months ago.
    Although it should using Windows XP for the OS, recently i trying to use Windows 7.

And here is the problem...
    My Hard Drive have a hidden partition contain all driver for this computer, but it can only explored using Partition Magic under Windows XP which uncompatible with my Windows 7. So i cant use those drivers.
    (in Windows 7 several drivers are not up to date)

Any suggestion please..

Thanks before

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      Re: Hidden Partition in Hard Drive
      « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 01:27:44 AM »
      here is the driver page for the computer. doesn't look like any 7 drivers u might look at the drivers and go to each makers site and see if they have the drivers. also did you use the windows 7 upgrade adivsor before upgrading to determine if your hardware was compatible?

nuzul

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 02:07:24 AM »
        i have try to download those driver in http://esupport.sony.com with "Sony Download Taxi" preserve by this site.

At first attempt, i could download some drivers but as the internet connection interrupted, it stalled while there are some other drivers not downloaded yet.

At second attempt, i couldnt use the "Taxi" anymore.

I'm sure these drivers are in the hidden partition, i can see it but i can't explore/ use it in windows 7.

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 03:19:43 AM »
        the system partition is ONLY used during a system recovery and has no immediately user-installable drivers that can be installed in a existing Operating system install.

The only way to install the drivers is to boot to that partition, and it wipes your entire operating system et al.

Since it came with XP, that means the system partition would install XP. XP Drivers will not work with Windows 7, and the Windows 7 drivers most certainly are NOT on that partition.
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.