Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows activation  (Read 2438 times)

ernnol

windows activation
« on: December 30, 2009, 03:06:23 AM »
I was able to purchase a windows vista home premium license early in 2009.  Since the capacity of my hard drive is just minimal, and I do not have a DVD writer insalled yet, my computer crashed several times starting in June, 2009.  I have to have my computer rebooted thru our neighbor's internet cafe to save on costs.  This happened in June and October, 2009 when the message "Product key already in use" always appeared with the number of days for activation to be valid.  During this period, sometimes when I was not able to activate after 30 days the message "this microsoft version is counterfeit" with some features being disabled or no longer could not be used.  Sometime in November I was able to purchase and install a DVD writer and a larger (640 gb) hard disk, but up to now the message product key already in use is still appears and the activation cannot be  done or finished.  please help me on this.   I want to be legal and licensed, updated and upgraded but I find myself in this predicament.  please help me.  thanks 

Mulreay

Re: windows activation
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 05:02:26 AM »
Where did you purchase the license from? It sounds like you have not purchased this from Microsoft. Licenses should always be bought from the manufacturer.
If you have bought this from a third party then I would suggest you get your money back (if you can). And then contact Microsoft to get a valid product key.

P.s welcome to computerhope

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 05:11:39 AM »
Where did you purchase the license from? It sounds like you have not purchased this from Microsoft. Licenses should always be bought from the manufacturer.
If you have bought this from a third party then I would suggest you get your money back (if you can). And then contact Microsoft to get a valid product key.

P.s welcome to computerhope

well...

I have to have my computer rebooted thru our neighbor's internet cafe to save on costs.

sounds to me like the internet cafe people simply installed a version they had lying around.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 08:02:28 AM »
Call Microsoft.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "