Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wich graphics Card Plz  (Read 2837 times)

Crafty

Wich graphics Card Plz
« on: June 25, 2005, 10:39:14 AM »
Hi
I am of to buy a new card, But out of these wich would you say was the best one to get, Im of to use it to run games. here is the link to the list of cards, I have looked at.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/6600AGP_Series.html

Raptor

Re: Wich graphics Card Plz
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 12:08:03 PM »
Compare the videocards and decide which one fits your budget and needs.

We are not here to do the research you should be doing.

Crafty

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 12:21:53 PM »
I have No idear about video cards, thats why i asked wich you thought was the better of these. I wouldnt know what i was suppose to be researching. But i guess what my real question is, Are any of them better then the card i have now, Or would i only see a slight improvment. The card i have is a PNY Verto™ GeForce FX 5900 XT.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 12:22:41 PM by Crafty »

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 01:15:40 PM »
That can not be told unless you post the videocard of your choice its specifications, the specifications of the videocard you currently have and the specifications of the system you intend on using the videocard with.

Cary_GRant

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 05:07:25 PM »
Any of the cards on your link is great, simply look at the enclosed game bundle (is any) and price. I would personally go with the XFX GeForce 6600 GT 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail (PVT43AUDF7) (GX-044-XF) due to the slightly overclocked memory and the 256mb size. Yes it's 50 or so more expensive than the others, but in my opinion, if you are going to play games like Far Cry, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, those games already take advantage of the extra 128 video ram that that card has, and on a side note, i have never had any problems with mine. Cheers!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 05:07:57 PM by Cary_GRant »

Crafty

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 05:48:30 PM »
Ok Cheers Ill get that one.