Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wifi card  (Read 1934 times)

Rya

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Wifi card
    « on: January 08, 2010, 09:40:17 AM »
    Toshiba satellite A205-S5803
    Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
    Realtek RTL8187b wireless 802.11b
    driver date: 6/10/2009
    Driver version: 6.1162.610.2009

I am not sure where to put this as there are many problems with the wifi device I have. Lately it's been not recieving wifi signals like it should and the drivers go missing randomly, or stop functioning. I have to restart my computer to get it up and running again. Last night it kept doing it every 20 mins or so, today it seems to be behaving itself.

I have tried searching but can't find the answer i'm looking for. I've done all i can do aside from using my manufacture's disk, which i cannot do as i'm unable to back up my files.

More detailed idea of the problem.

Last night I was trying to do some stuff online, when the internet just stopped working. Connections timed out and the like. In the task bar thing, my internet showed it was still connected with good strength. I was using the ConfigFree tray at the time to reset ip when i need to, and the windows default program to select different routers (i have permissions to use 2 different local routers) if one connection fails. ConfigFree locked up and wouldn't allow me to do anything with it, and changing routers did not help either. So all I could do was restart the computer, which I had to do via power button, as it locked up while shutting down (i believe the wifi card itself overheated and locked up, or something along those lines, perhaps). After i restarted the connection was good again, but about 20 mins later it happened again, and i went to check the drivers and it said there were no drivers installed at all. So another hard restart and come back with another good connection. It failed again, checked the driver again and it said it was disabled or something like that. Another hard restart and i gave up on it. It did this very randomly. I don't know what to do, could i get some help?