Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scanner Not Found Error  (Read 5371 times)

whiskeysour

Topic Starter

Scanner Not Found Error
    « on: January 08, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
    Hello.  I am using an iMac with a HP Scanjet 3670.  I only recently hooked the scanner up to the iMac and have had it working okay.  Today I tried a scan and I get an error report saying 'Sorry Scanner could not be initialized (scanner not found)'.  ?Can anyone help me to get the scanner working again?  Thank youi.

whiskeysour

Topic Starter

Re: Scanner Not Found Error
      « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 08:06:22 PM »
      Managed to solve the problem on my own, hope this helps someone else also:

1--Deleted all existing HP files on the iMac by doing an Uninstall (which was part of the HP Files in Applications).
      2--Inserted the Scanjet 3670 software disc that came with it.
      3--Downloaded the HP Update HP Photosmart Studio 9.3.5 with Universal Binary Support for Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4
      (at this link http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=298541&prodTypeId=15179&prodSeriesId=298539&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=219)

4--Followed Instructions in the 3670 Users Manual under 'Scanner Initialization Problems'
      5--Did a restart on the iMac and it's working fine.

Good luck with your problems.