Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AsRock k7s8x alternatives anyone ?  (Read 2348 times)

TadasJA

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
AsRock k7s8x alternatives anyone ?
« on: January 09, 2010, 02:15:27 PM »
Hi. I have a problem with games (restarting pc, turning off by themselves, crashing) A LOT. So I've asked people what is the problem. They've said that it might be my  m-board. And here goes the question: is there any good alternatives ? if so - what kind ? brand ? how much it could cost ?  :-\
I3 2.40ghz 4gb ram Ati Mobility Radeon hd5470 512mb

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: AsRock k7s8x alternatives anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:24:47 PM »
Why don't you provide us with some more information on the crashes you are having.

If they can be fixed then we can save you some money.
Evil is an exact science.

TadasJA

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
Re: AsRock k7s8x alternatives anyone ?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »
Every game I play causes my pc to restart without any warning. Some of them sometimes crash and drop me to desktop (as if I pressed 'EXIT GAME' ) and few of them just freeze on spot (that's not a major problem). I've looked for info for 2 weeks now and found someone that works with pc's and he told me that it might be my m-board cuz she's really old. I'm desperate - don't havee enough money to buy a new pc (not even 200 $) and I can't play games which was the reason I've baught a new graphics card (it has nothing to do with the problem cuz I had same problems when I used my old graph.card). Don't know what to do ... I'm lost, cold, and hungry for BLOOD and DESTRUCTION and CHAOS ...  :-[

my pc specs are uploaded into my profile if you need them...  ;)
I3 2.40ghz 4gb ram Ati Mobility Radeon hd5470 512mb